bloger image

bloger image

Wednesday, September 03, 2014

HOW TO CREATE DIFFERENT SPACES AND MOODS IN THE SAME STUDIO!



I love where I live but it is a modern condo and even though it's windows and rooms are great for a contemporary look I use in my images sometimes  it can't give me a rustic look I love and look for sometimes!
I don't have old looking windows with character but I have found a solution...I purchased a fake window and placed in my back door studio!  It is perfect for still life shots that don't require a lot of room. Here are some shots of the faux window and how it was used in my work! 



I often shoot my bedroom which has a more modern feeling and look...it works very well for certain  shoots I do but my heart and favorite mood and look is the rustic country life! :)
I did a shoot yesterday and created a fake bed in my studio...
it offered me a little more of a country shabby chic look and feeling...I like the way they came out and I think I will try it more often!! 

Hope this gives you some fun and interesting ideas to try. Have fun!! :)


8 comments:

  1. Sandra, these are lovely! I especially like the one with the candleholder--such a feeling of another era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is the fake window held there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are attached with chains at the top of the patio door that way they can be lowered or lifted for the shoot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - looks tricky. Does the faux window have glass in it or is it just the framework?
      Great article btw - thank you for sharing

      Delete
  4. Hi, it has glass panes in all of the window! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is amazing, thanks so much for sharing your special tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great capture, really that is awesome work done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.