bloger image

bloger image

Friday, March 01, 2013


In response to the image I posted on FB this week I decided to show the "BEFORE and AFTER" trying to show you the steps involved to the final stage! Here is the original image...it's not a bad image and certainly does serve a purpose...it leaves plenty of copy space for advertising but I wanted to create something more that told a bit of a story!
 

I created a mask layer for this image then inserted my cloud image (back of boots) in a "hard light" layer and played around with the intensity till I got it just right. I then created another layer with the second image inserting in front of the cloud image...erasing (set around 30 to 40 % opacity) some of the image at the top and bottom ...again putting it in "hard light" and adjusting the intensity.


After tweaking each layer to get the best fit and the right intensity I flattened the image and opened  onOne software Perfect Effects 4  and passed it through the Vintage filter (vintage cool) and played with the opacity...did a little sharpening and that is about it.
Here is the final Image! :)



20 comments:

  1. Amazing and beautiful work. I'd like to try something like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading you before and after posts. It's so inspiring to see how you re-purpose images to create something entirely new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for generously sharing! You must keep your images very organized to be able to pull all the bits and pieces together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deneys De Beer9 April 2013 at 07:45

    It's great to see you posting again Sandra. As usual excellent work and thanks for sharing

    Ditto what klsbear said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Such an awesome blog indeed.=D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is effective. I love a before and after comparison. Interesting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I saw your blog by chance.

    Very colorful.

    You know this job.

    Greetings

    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete
  8. The content in the blog is very informative.The pictures in blog is very nice.Keep update more things and pictures in the blog.

    Indianapolis Wedding Photographers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and bookmarked it in delicious. There is a ton of good information here for me to learn from. Thanks for sharing.

    Indianapolis Wedding Photographers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post! I love the final outcome very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I just found your blog and I absolutely love your work! Got yourself a new follower. Hope you can check out my blog too. I'm new at this: http://nourinsphotos.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so lovely, even a simple photo can look amazing with the right work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a well executed edit really striking image :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Would love to be this good! Gonna take some time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! amazing post..big thanks from ML Photo and Design

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.