In response to the image I posted on FB this week I decided to show the "BEFORE and AFTER" trying to show you the steps involved to the final stage! Here is the original image...it's not a bad image and certainly does serve a purpose...it leaves plenty of copy space for advertising but I wanted to create something more that told a bit of a story!
I created a mask layer for this image then inserted my cloud image (back of boots) in a "hard light" layer and played around with the intensity till I got it just right. I then created another layer with the second image inserting in front of the cloud image...erasing (set around 30 to 40 % opacity) some of the image at the top and bottom ...again putting it in "hard light" and adjusting the intensity.
After tweaking each layer to get the best fit and the right intensity I flattened the image and opened onOne software Perfect Effects 4 and passed it through the Vintage filter (vintage cool) and played with the opacity...did a little sharpening and that is about it.
Here is the final Image! :)