FUN WITH POTTED ROOTS!
Winter is almost upon us...time to prepare and protect summer furniture, cut down the last of summer's flowers that have died and are brown and maybe if it's not too cold start putting outdoor decorations for the Holidays!
These are some of this week's projects to do and as always my two great sons Chris and Nick are always there to give a helping hand(actually they do most of the work), lol! :)
Some of my plants had over grown their pots and were very hard to remove. The one good thing that happened to my amazement was the incredible design of the roots against the sides of the pots and I had to take photos of them! I did various shots with different lenses...my EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM and my favorite Lensbaby with Sweet 35 for a distorted creepy look. Here is what the roots looked like unedited:
I then stuck some small doll heads in the earth for later photo manipulations. Here is an idea of the layout in Photoshop and the images used for the final image! The doll heads were cut and pasted in an overlay or luminosity layer...I used my favorite program OnOne Software Perfect Effects4 and finally added a couple of textures to give it a grungy vignette.
I know it's a little spooky, creepy but sometimes it's just fun to go and play on the dark side! ;)
Here are some final images of creepiness, lol! Have fun going to the dark side yourself...you may like it!! ;)