bloger image

bloger image

Saturday, October 19, 2013

DOORS, FLOORS AND PHOTOGRAPHY PROPS!
ANOTHER BEFORE AND AFTER


I haven't touched my blog in a while...sorry for that but it has been a busy summer and it seems it went by so fast! It's a good thing I love the change of the seasons and just love Autumn!
Recent changes in my photography direction has led me to seeking more vintage and antique props. It has brought me back to really appreciating objects of long ago when times were more simpler and slowed down...when things weren't thrown out but were repaired and used again. 

My quest for all things vintage led me to watching Canadian Pickers on the History channel and by chance they had come to my neck of the woods in Saint-Joseph-du-lac! What a nice surprise to know how close I was to this great Antique Shop(La Maison Théoret)and so close to me!! Last weekend with the help of my brother and the owners Paul and Armand (bringing everything back and up the stairs) I purchased 2 great doors, a window and 3 fantastic chairs full of vintage charm!! They really give the look of a quaint country kitchen without leaving my studio! The doors have an added bonus because both sides have a different look...that means it gives me 4 doors instead of 2. :)
Here is what my studio looked like set up just before the shoot. It worked very well in the small space I have and when finished everything can be placed against the wall for future shoots. I have lots of ideas for shoots in the future and can't wait to get started, lol!
Here are some images of the shoot...edited in PS and onOne Software. Happy prop hunting everyone! :)





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful finds! I can feel your excitement! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good quality photos! Good job :)

    Check out my blog?
    http://simplepromise-simplepromise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your photos a lot! Please, could you tell me on which lens you take them?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.